Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 Bewerbung
jokergreen0220 Offline

22.02.2018 06:07
CHICAGO -- After getting roughed up last month in a start at Houston, John Danks decided to break down his delivery and make a n Antworten

CHICAGO -- After getting roughed up last month in a start at Houston, John Danks decided to break down his delivery and make a number of mechanical changes. Lance Kendricks Jersey . The result has been a remarkable turnaround, which Danks continued with seven solid innings Wednesday night as the Chicago White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers 8-2. "Ive probably thrown more bullpens probably in the last month than I have in the last couple years," Danks said. "Its been good." Jose Abreu hit an early homer off Detroit starter Justin Verlander, then singled to start a seven-run burst in the sixth inning that gave Danks all the support he needed as the White Sox won for the second straight time against the AL Central-leaders. Abreu went 3 for 4 with a walk and scored twice. The Cuban rookie has 19 home runs and 50 RBIs this season. Abreu has been the catalyst behind the surprising White Sox (33-33) staying within striking distance, but the star in this game was the crafty left-hander and his 80 mph (or slower) changeup. Danks (5-5) allowed two runs and six hits in seven innings. He has permitted just five runs in 29 1-3 innings over his past four starts since allowing eight runs (seven earned) in 4 2-3 innings at Houston last month. "I think Johnny has really picked it up," manager Robin Ventura said. "He went through a period where he wasnt commanding his fastball and changeup. He made some adjustments and hes really been different since then, not only with control but it seems like his velocity has some zip to it and his changeup looks better." Verlander (6-6) gave up seven runs and eight hits in 5 2-3 innings as the Tigers lost their third in a row. "His stuff again was good. He just couldnt muscle through a couple innings there," Detroit manager Brad Ausmus said. "I dont really know how to explain it. His stuff was good again." The seven runs in an inning matched a season high for Chicago. The White Sox also scored seven on May 9 against Arizona. Abreu connected on Verlanders first pitch of the second inning for a solo homer over the left-centre field wall. Detroit tied it in the fourth when Miguel Cabrera doubled and scored on a groundout by Torii Hunter. Singles by Abreu, Adam Dunn and Alexei Ramirez loaded the bases with no outs in the sixth. Dayan Viciedo grounded into a double play and Abreu scored for a 2-1 lead. It appeared as if Verlander might escape with just one run scoring, but Alejandro De Aza followed with a bloop single for a run, and Adrian Nieto and Adam Eaton drew walks to load the bases. That brought up Gordon Beckham, and Detroit manager Brad Ausmus kept Verlander in the game despite the right-hander having thrown 121 pitches to that point. The next pitch was a 96 mph fastball that Beckham lined for a two-run single. "We led off with three singles, guys getting on base against Verlander," Beckham said. "Youve got to have guys out there because not a lot of guys hit homers, unless your names Jose." Reliever Ian Krol faced three batters and retired no one. He gave up a two-run double to Conor Gillaspie and -- following an intentional walk to Abreu -- an RBI single to Dunn. "I need to limit the walks. That one huge inning, I walked a few guys and gave up a couple weak hits and turned it in to a big inning myself when it shouldnt have been," Verlander said. With the way Danks was pitching, the cushion was more than enough. "Im just trying to take it out to the field with me, and so far, so good," he said. "But Im not going to rest on my laurels and Im going to get ready for my next start. Ive been humbled in this game before, so Im going to try and keep from doing that before." NOTES: Cabrera (left hamstring) said he was feeling better Wednesday, but Ausmus decided to keep the slugger at DH. "Give him another day," Ausmus said. "We dont want this lingering." ... The White Sox have signed nine of their first 10 draft picks so far, with the lone holdout being LHP Carlos Rodon, the No. 3 pick overall. ... The Tigers decided to skip LHP Drew Smyly and keep the matchup between Max Scherzer (7-2) and Chris Sale (5-0) for the series finale Thursday. Smyly, originally scheduled to pitch Wednesday, will pitch Friday against Minnesota. Kevin King Jersey . LOUIS -- The St. Bryan Bulaga Jersey . Chelsea ripped apart Hull inside 25 minutes at Stamford Bridge, with the early goals from Oscar and Frank Lampard securing a 2-0 victory. While Lampard had earlier missed a penalty, Roberto Soldado had no such trouble from the spot for Tottenham, scoring on his debut to clinch a 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace. http://www.packersshopfootball.com/packers-jordy-nelson-navy-blue-jersey/ . Mars announced Saturday that the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will join him as part of his halftime show. Super Bowl halftime performers often have collaborators.FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - The New York Jets have a good chance of being No. 1 — in the NFL draft.At 2-11, theyre in the mix with Tennessee, Oakland, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville for the dubious distinction of having the NFLs worst record.So, with three games left, the race is on. Next Sunday could play a big part in deciding things with the Jets playing the Titans in Tennessee. And for some fans, they might prefer the Jets continue to lose to secure the best draft spot.I know where our fans are coming from, coach Rex Ryan said Monday. Absolutely, I get that. That doesnt mean that were going to approach this game any different — because were going to try to win the game.So fans hoping to see perhaps Oregons Marcus Mariota or Florida States Jameis Winston in green and white next season might have to temper those wishes for the time being.If there was a Peyton Manning out there or whoever out there, a Walter Payton, then Id say you throw it, Ryan joked. No, Im just kidding. Were not (tanking). Were trying to win the game.According to the sports analytics site www.numberFire.com, the Jets have an 11.82 per cent of securing the top pick, ranking them fifth behind the Titans (17.02), Buccaneers (17.58), Raiders (18.72) and Jaguars (33.84).Using our internal efficiency metrics, we calculate each teams chances of winning every remaining game on its schedule, said Zach Kempner, the sites communications director. Then we simulate the NFL season thousands of times to determine the probability that each team will have the worst record in the NFL.The projections also include the usual tiebreakers such as strength of schedule, strength of victory and conference winning percentage. After the game against Tennessee, the Jets finish with New England (10-3) and Miami (7-6).Since the modern draft era began in 1970, the Jets have picked among the top five just 10 times. They have had the No. 1 overall pick only once: in 1996, when they took wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson. New York has had the second selection twice (Johnny Lam Jones, 1980; and Blair Thomas, 1990) and the No. 3 pick once: Freeman McNeil (1981).The Jets have had five No. 4 overall picks, including Marvin Powell (1977), Chris Ward (1978), Marvin Jones (1993), Dewayne Robertson (2003) and DBrickashaw Ferguson (2006). They traded up in the 2009 draft to take Mark Sanchez with the No. 5 selection.The big question, though, is who wiill be doing the picking when the next draft begins in April with the futures of Ryan and general manager John Idzik uncertain beyond Week 17. Reggie White Jersey. Owner Woody Johnson has some big decisions to make with the Jets missing out on the post-season for the fourth straight season — the longest drought since he took over the team in 2000. Many fans and media already assume Ryan will be gone after the regular-season finale at Miami on Dec. 28.Ryan took full blame for New Yorks 30-24 overtime loss at Minnesota on Sunday, and praised Johnson for his commitment to putting together a winning team. In some ways, it sounded like a concession speech from a coach who knows hes on his way out after six seasons.Im not conceding anything, Ryan said Monday. Im not going anywhere. I know Ive got three weeks and here we come. That hadnt been told to me — at least I know I think I have three weeks here, and here we go.Idzik is in his second season as GM, but has been widely criticized for his personnel decisions since he has been with the Jets, whether it has been failed free-agent signings, subpar draft selections or not being aggressive enough in free agency to provide adequate quality roster depth.Fans have started billboard and website campaigns urging Johnson to fire Idzik, despite a short stint on the job. Some have also aimed their blame at Johnson, something Ryan wholeheartedly disagrees with.I just really wanted the fans to know that, hey guys, this is your owner, Ryan said. You should be happy that this is your owner. You can do a heck of a lot worse than having Woody Johnson as your owner, I promise you. Youve got a guy thats 100 per cent committed in this organization. He wants to win.NOTES: WR Percy Harvin has a low ankle sprain and is in a boot, putting his availability vs. the Titans in doubt. X-rays were negative. It probably doesnt look that great, Ryan said, but well see as it progresses. ... S Antonio Allen has a broken hand, but isnt expected to be sidelined. ... Ryan is encouraged about the chances of DE Muhammad Wilkerson (turf toe) and TE Jace Amaro (concussion) for Sundays game. The coach said the arrow seems to be pointing up on Amaro, who is going through the NFLs protocol for head injuries. Wilkerson is being fitted for a special shoe that could allow him to practice this week.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz